For my new design I started out with the polar bear itself.
Now I needed a background. I didn't want to use a plain color, so the canes were sitting in a box for a couple weeks, while I waited for a little inspiration to appear :-)
Going through my scraps, I saw I had a lot of blue!
So, I turned on my pasta machine and made some shades of blue.
The colors were perfect for my polar bear background. I just needed some additional black and white clay, and voila!
Some items I finished with the cane from the previous post. I can't wait to make another one. I am already drawing up a new design. It will include some of the same elements, since I have some left over, but I hope it will look completely different.